Well after being offline for probably over one year, it is back up again. There are many reasons why it has been so long (primarily a hard drive crash), but mostly because I lost access to it from work when I switched ISPs. In any case, I finally spent a few hours rewriting the site in Rails 4.0, yup upgraded from Rails 2 to Rails 4. In addition, I refactored the code, primarily because I created the initial version before I had any clue how Rails is supposed to work. So, now I am a little more MVC savvy, and I shrunk my controller and fattened up my model. Rails is counter-intuitive that way–typically models are skinny, but in MVC land you want a fat model. So after moving it all to the model and having the controller merely spit out a jpeg dump from a lot of back end work by rmagick, we are back online!
My next step is to add date/time to the pic so that I know when it last updated. I’ll also have to make sure we don’t put our leftovers on the keg anymore, because then I’ll think there is more beer left than there actually is!